Persuasive essay

Why my parents should purchase a pug dog for me?

The purchase of a dog can be really expensive and time consuming, however, dogs offer a lot of positive benefits. This essay will discuss and give examples to support the persuasive argument as to why my parents should buy me a pug dog.

My family already has a dog, and my parents say to me that it is expensive having a pet, and they don’t want our dog Dexter to not have as much attention from me if I were to get another dog. My parents are also afraid that if I get a pug then they will end up having to train him and look after him. They think that I am not old enough to take on this responsibility. 

Here are some reasons why I think my parents are wrong. It is lonely being in isolation with the coved 19 virus. I would have my own companion to snuggle and play with. If my parents purchased the pug dog I would have a responsibility to walk and feed him. This will teach me to not just care about myself. Having a pug would also help me to develop compassion for animals.

The purchase of the pug will benefit me by not wasting my time on screens and instead of playing with the pug developing compassion and responsibility. Since we are not able to go to school or participate in extracurricular activities I will have more time to train the pug and get exercise all at the same time. Getting exercise and having a friend would help me to concentrate on school better, because I would feel happier, more relaxed and would have a friend for when I am sad. 

Overall, it seems as if there are way more pluses to purchasing a pug dog then there are minuses. Given the current situation that is causing us to all self isolate, it seems like the perfect time to purchase a new companion that would offer me so much comfort, love and friendship while teaching me to be more responsible and a better person.